Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday 05/25 - later - IS Vandy the right hospital?!

I guess I spoke too soon..? The new team of neurologists this week have a much more pessimistic view of Taylor's situation.

I am starting to question whether Vanderbilt really is the best place for Taylor..? I don't understand how they can change doctors every week and hope for success. And it seems like last week's team did not even consult with this week's team? They seem to be on two entirely different pages, when it comes to Taylor's situation. It would seem to me that in a case like this, some continuity would be crucial. Do the new doctors even know her history?!

I'm told that switching teams every week is typical of a research hospital. So, maybe a research hospital is not where Taylor needs to be?

And why, when they put her back on anti-convulsants, did she start getting more burst activity on her EEG brain patterns? And why, when Jennifer asked, did the doctor just dismiss it as a coincidence? Why did they not at least listen and try to take her back of the meds in order to make sure?!

There is another meeting with the doctors tomorrow at 10am.