Friday, June 5, 2009

Remembering Taylor on Her Birthday

Today Taylor would have been 14 years old. That's a hard pill to swallow - and something that's been on my mind all day long. I could not think of the words or actions fitting enough to pay to tribute to her or to comfort Jen and Matthew.

So, I will say what another good friend of the family said... "knowing her and losing her has been a life-altering experience." It's made me rethink about priorities and how I've been living my life lately. It's made me pay attention more to others that may be walking by in the store and engulfed in their own life struggles - and to offer small kindnesses in response, as my own way of paying tribute to Taylor and all the good people who helped our family during this difficult time.

Through this whole ordeal I have been in awe of Jennifer, Matthew, Dan, CJ, and Taylor's grandparents. They have acted with such grace and strength.

The services on Taylor's behalf were beautiful, too. We are all thankful for the many people who attended and have shown their support in other ways. I know that Taylor is so proud! I know she feels our love today.

Aunt Janet

1 comment:

  1. We celebrated Taylor's birthday today by wearing her beads, making a cake and writing "Happy 14th Taylor" on it, letting balloons go with a note attached and making a craft for the family. We also posted some pictures of Taylor when she was born. We miss her. Aaliyah and I were watching old videos that we have watched 100 times and never saw this part...it was one of the few nights Taylor had spent the night with us. She was climbing a tree with the other kids. She was eight years old. It was so nice to see her smiling face right before us on her birthday. : )

    ReplyDelete